Wound is nothing but the tearing or scratching of the tissue and healing the wound is a physiological response that helps to restore cellular and anatomic continuity of a tissue. The objective with the wound management is nothing but healing of the wound in short duration, with minimal pain, discomfort which helps to conduct early tissue repair and regeneration without scaring to patient.
The new guar gum Biopolymer Nanocomposites have been provided with useful scaffolds for wound healing and cellular massaging.
Following shows with the experimental properties and uses of how new guar gum biopolymer nanocomposites helps to cure the wounds.
- Guar gum is nothing but a polymeric galactomannan which is been processed and modified to a new cationic biopolymer guar gum alkylamine that is generally been used for wound healing applications.
- Guar Gum is been derived from the seeds of Cyamopsistetragonolobawhich is a non toxic biopolymer.
- Because of its high biocompatibility and biodegradability its helps in healing of the wounds.
- Its bioabsorbable material is been used for wound dressing
- It was been experimented differently which were nanobiomaterial treated group and silver alginate cream. During the wound healing treatment it was been observed that it showed faster healing and improved cosmetic appearance with nanobiomaterial as compared to silver alginate cream.
- The Guar gum Biopolymer Nanocomposite helps to cure with the wound tissues with total protein, DNA, and hydroxyproline contentsas compared with the silver alginate cream.
- Further, to promote wound closure by inducing proliferation and migration of the keratinocytes at the wound site nanobiomaterial was been observed. Additionally the gum matrix provided a hydrated surface which was necessary for cell proliferation.
- For cellular massaging and hydrated surface Polysaccharides or their derivatives can be used in ideal conditions for enhancing with the wound healing process.
- There are silver containing drugs available in the market which are applied on different types of wounds and helps to cure them soon.
- This silver containing drug is rich in antimicrobial potentials which help with the healing of the wound faster.
- A new substance is been developed with Guar Gum. It is basically been made of two substances- Guar Gum and Fish Collagen. Guar gum, when chemically been treated with the laboratory reagent form the drug ceftazidime. It was been scientifically tested and found that it helps in killing bacteria without affecting with the other cells of the body. When applied on wound, it will inhibit the bacterial growth with its antimicrobial property.
- This antimicrobial property will help healing of wound faster.
- It also reduces with the high level of cholesterol as well as high blood pressure.
Not only with the wound healing, Guar gum having other medicinal uses as well. They are also used in treating with diarrhea, diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), anal fissures and many more. Other applications of Guar gum include Food industry which is been used as thickening agents as well as used to manufacture tablets, lotions and creams.