Psyllium husk or powder is been used for many of the medicinal purpose having its different nutritional values. What actually Psyllium husk is? Psyllium husk is mainly grown is India that is a soluble fiber derived from the seeds of Plantago ovate. It is usually been found in the form of husk, granules, capsules or powder. Psyllium husk is known as bulk forming, laxative as it is a soluble fiber that works by absorbing water in digestive tract. This process helps to stimulate digestion.
Psyllium husk is also been used to regulate the cholesterol levels. Following shows how it helps to balance for your cholesterol level having its properties.
- Psyllium husk is a prebiotic edible soluble fiber that is also been referred as bulking fiber, once ingested get expands forming a gel- like mass by drawing water. This helps to promote easy and healthy elimination of waste of the body more quickly and efficiently.
- It has a good and rich nutritional values which includes Proteins, Vitamin B1, Choline, Glycosides, Polysaccharides
- Psyllium has the capability to bind up with the fat and bile acids which helps to promote excretion from your body.
- In this process by replacing with the lost bile acids the liver used to produce more. Then, the blood cholesterol level decreases.
- Research and study has found that the cholesterol level has been decreased in individuals when treated by 15 grams of Psyllium Husk powder daily for 40 days.
- It helps to lower the cholesterol level in the body by promoting the removal of bile acids from the body.
- To get with the best fiber supplement in the body is Psyllium. Psyllium is the pure and perfect natural way to get the fiber intake in the body on a daily basis. Psyllium husk is been considered as rich in fibers.
- To reduce the problem for constipation Psyllium husk is main active ingredient generally been used.
- Consuming 5 grams of Psyllium husk a day for six months helps to reduce the cholesterol level by 6.7 percent. This is one of the good home remedy which is helpful is balancing with the cholesterol level. You can take the Psyllium husk by adding it in milk or water. It can also be used as intake by adding in the foods been taken daily.
Not only reducing the cholesterol level, it is useful in curing other health problems. Other health problems include treating your diarrhea, lower with the blood sugar levels, boost with the weight loss, and are also good to cure all the heart problems. It also helps to cure with skin problems as well. Altrafine Gums is a leading manufacturer and exporter in providing with the Psyllium husk powder including Gaur Gum powder, Cassia Tora powder, Sesbania gum powder, Fenugreek gum powder and other products been used in the different industries.