Guar plant is majorly grown in India and Pakistan since several thousand years as a vegetable, and a forage crop. After World War II, due to major scarcity of locust bean gum in textile and paper industry, the guar gum received commercial attention. At that time, the technology of guar extraction was commercialized in many countries. And their application started in various industries like Food & Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Tobacco, etc due to its distinct properties such as thickening, viscosity, emulsifying and solubility in cold water.
Guar Gum Powder – Evolution& Applications
- Guar gum was introduced in oil industry as it is viciousness in nature. Though its usage was less exhaustive till 2005 as it delayed to provide viscosity in substances.
- Necessity is truly a mother of invention. The evolution of guar gum took place to enhance its usability. Resultantly, fast hydration guar gum powder (FHGGP) wasinstigated in the economy.
- FHGGP is obtained by processing guar gum with certain additives which can boost its viscosity.It is also known as rapid hydration guar gum powder and diesel slurry guar gum.
- It is used to increase the production of oil & gas and in industries like well drilling, oil & gas drilling.
- It is commonly used for applications where quick hydration and high lethal viscosity is required. It fulfills the rheological requirements necessary in water-based and brine-based drilling fluids.
- During drilling, it is important to maintain the balance the viscosity level, the rapid hydration guar gum not only helps to balance viscosity level but also allows a smoother operation with reduced friction in the holes.
- FHGGP promotes efficiency in process with minimal water loss and less consumption of power. It is also used to cool drilling bits, cementing slurries and continuous fracturing in the oil and gas drilling industries. Thus, it enables easy and rapid oil derivation utilizing less time and resources, leading to more financial gains to producers.
- Today, 80% of guar gum produced in India is used in Shale oil and gas extraction.
Important Factors for Guar Gum Powder & Fast Hydration Guar Gum Powder
The easy and precise explanation of differences is displayed below:
|Factors||Guar Gum Powder||Fast Hydration Guar Gum Powder|
|Introduction||It was introduced as a substitute of locust bean gumwhich was in scare.||It was introduced to make it usable in oil industry.|
|Viscous&Quick Hydration||It takes almost two hours to provide viscosity to any suitable substance.||It starts providing viscosity to substance within few minutes.|
|Health Benefits||It helps in relieving certain ailments and promotes weight loss.||It is not suitable for food grade due to its high viciousness.|
|Application||Food grade, Paper,Textile, Cosmetics, etc||Geological drilling, Oil and shale gas industry, etc|
|How does it work?||It works asbinder, stabilizer, and thickening agent. It also retains moisture in various items.||It works as surfactant, synthetic polymer, defoamer and fracturing agent in industries.|
|How does it help industries?||It helps industries to preserve products and make the products attractive. Thus, it improves profitability of industries.||It increases the industries’ capacity to sustain oil recovery.|
The evolutionof guar gum has not been curbed yet. The processors undertake various measures to enhance its properties to widen its scope in unexplored areas.
Altrafine is one of the foremost procurers, processors and suppliers of guar gum in India. We have come from a long way, as we came into existence in 1982.We offer a wide range of products which includes Guar Gum Powder, FHGGP, Cassia Tora Powder, Sesbania Gum Powder, Psyllium Husk Powder and many more. We have advanced infrastructure, inquisitive R&D department, and resourceful staff which promoted us to bring innovations in the industry whichhas made us renowned worldwide. We believe in fulfilling strong commitments, by delivering quality supplies and unmatched customer support at competitive rates to our valued customers across the globe.