Guar gum powder is also known as guar flour, procured from seeds of Guar plant. Since many years, it has been cultivated in countries like India and Pakistan but to meet the increasing demand of guar gum powder, countries such as Brazil, South Africa, Australia and USA (Southern states of USA such as Arizona and Texas) started importing guar gum and its derivatives.
Why Guar Gum Powder is Trending Worldwide?
- One can witness the usage of Guar Gum powder in almost every growing industry.
- Visible growth has been seen in food industry, pharmaceutical industry, textile industry or oil and gas industry.
- It is quite cost effective as compared to other stabilizers and thickeners.
- In short, one can conclude that the Guar Gum powder has great importance in wide industrial applications.
Industrial applications of Guar Gum Powder
It is used and applied in various industries such as:
- It is used as stabilizer, water retention agent and thickener in food industry and in other industries like pharmaceutical, textile, cosmetics, paper manufacturing and more.
- Used in baked food, frozen products, dairy, pet food, feed additives and etc.
- Used as stabilizer, thickener, viscosifiers and suspending agent in the oil and gas industry.
Consumption of Guar Gum:
Guar gum and its derivatives are consumedin different industries:
- The consumption of guar gum is 20% in food industry.
- Guar gum is consumed 10% in industries like pharmaceutical, cosmetics, paper and etc.
- Major consumption is seen in oil & gas industrywhich is 70%.
- It is used in oil & gas industry for:
- Drilling in well, water and geological.
- Reducing friction in holes which ultimately saves power and water
- Removing drill waste from deep holes.
Trend Analysis of the Guar Gum Industry
- 2014: A significant decline in the exports of guar gum was observed due to depreciation of Russian currency.
- 2015: A notable increase in demand of guar gum was witnessed due to fall in the prices of guar seeds.
- 2016: A bearish trend was observed in the market of guar gum as the petroleum industry cut down the usage of guar gum due to reduction in oil prices.
- 2017: In this year, the guar gum was able to achieve its past glory as its demand increased due to demand of gluten free baked products.
- 2018: Since in this year, the price of crude oil has been raised to a prominent level, the requirement of guar gum is booming.
- The demand of guar gum is seen to be fluctuating in economy.
- he development of alternative energies resulted into stable rates of guar seeds, increase in price of oil and many favorable factors resulted into increase of sales of Guar Gum powder.
Future Insights of Guar Business
- According to studies of a research firm, there is a significant increase in the use of Guar gum in the manufacturing of drugs as it is beneficial to manage health disorders.
- The demand and supply of guar price not only rely on oil prices but also on production of guar seeds which again relies on natural elements and geographical spread.
- With widening of geographical spread and awareness about guar, its prices are now moderate which has made it as feasible preference for purchasers.
- The studies show that the global gum market would surpass US $ 1300 million by the end of 2026.
If you want to experience the best customer service, contact Altrafine Gums.
Altrafine Gums is one of the leading processor and supplier of guar gum powder since last 36 years. We provide a wide array of products which includes Guar Gum, Cassia Gum, Sesbania Gum Powder, Psyllium Husk Powder and many more.
- The prime objective of our company is to provide quality products after inspection and quality tests. We use hi-tech machineries to maintain its quality and enhance yield.
- Our company has set the benchmark by winning the award of Gujarat’s biggest exporter.